Professors taught me more than science
I have had the opportunity to work with different professors, and each of them has given me a different perspective on research, academia, and everything in between. Of course, there were both good experiences and difficult ones, but I learned something from each of them.
One professor, in particular, made me realize, through his personality and the way he worked with students, how strongly he believed in his students and in the future of science. For example, he often gave students opportunities to take on new work or he would think about brighter possibilities and better outcomes as we wrapped up meetings. Does he know that sometimes students themselves are uncertain about their abilities or even about what their future research will look like? LOL.
I think this is a really valuable quality in a professor. When students feel that someone believes in them, they can become more confident, motivated, and willing to challenge themselves. At the same time, I also have strong faith in professors because their outlook is shaped by years of experience. They can see possibilities for future breakthroughs that students themselves cannot yet see. Honestly, they are often right. LOL.
Hanoi, September 13, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment