Little things #29
Rather than before, I never thought I cooked well for some reasons:
- I didn't spend much time cooking, so I wasn't confident about it.
- I often cooked only for myself, which made me just make something quickly.
- I often tried to cook new recipes and use new ingredients, so I couldn't really have a “signature dish.”
But now, I realize that when you spend more time on something, you can see it from a new perspective. And I find something in myself: when I cook, I am concentrated and curious.These are qualities I know I have in other parts of my life, and they work in the kitchen too. I think that is more than enough with me, above all.
My roommate often compliments my cooking, and I joke that you should “cook with heart”. And it turns out that it is true - not only just a joke.
#112 A Reason to Keep Studying
I don't remember whether I have mentioned this story on this blog before, but I want to tell you about my 65-year-old labmate.
I always remember when he had just joined the lab and we had some conversations to get to know each other. He shared that his mom taught him that a man shouldn't stay at home during the daytime, so that's why he continued to study for a doctoral degree. LOL. I just found it quite interesting so I wanted to recap it.
Now, he has already got his PhD degree. Congrats to him!
Hanoi, August 09, 2026
Comments
Post a Comment