Little thing #31 Tangsuyuk
#116 Tangsuyuk
After several attempts at making Tangsuyuk (Korean sweet and sour pork), I'd say this one was a sort of success, good enough to accept for now 😂 There are still a few things I need to keep in mind for next time, but at least it finally turned out pretty well.
This is one of my favorite Korean dishes from when I lived in Korea. It's really delicious, and the way it's made is quite unique. When I was in Korea, we would usually order one plate and share it with everyone, rather than getting individual portions. Partly because it was quite expensive, and partly because one portion was usually pretty big.
Whenever I was craving it, I would either try making it myself (and fail 😂) or buy the frozen version and heat it up. There was only one time when I decided to splurge and order a large portion just for myself during a trip to Busan, determined to enjoy it as much as possible. Well, I couldn't finish it, so I ended up taking the leftovers home and eating them over the next few days haha.
P.S. Since I'm showing off anyway, I've actually tried making quite a few Korean dishes myself, and they've turned out pretty decent! So I guess all those years of wandering around Emart and traditional markets weren't a waste after all (Kimchi, fish cakes, cold noodles, tteokbokki, Korean BBQ, etc)

Comments
Post a Comment